Skip to main content
Answered

Switch from TV speakers and Sonos ray

• 3 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello from Greece,

I have a Samsung model QE50Q60AAUXXH and my Sonos ray.

When i change from the TV menu sound source TV speakers my sonos ray still plays TV audio and the only way to stop this is to mute ray (green light on). Does anybody else have the same issue.

Chatting with support they told me this happens because ray is connected to the TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are you saying that when you watch tv you have sound coming from the tv speakers and the Ray?

Badge

Yes

Badge

Are you saying that when you watch tv you have sound coming from the tv speakers and the Ray?

If i have chosen sonos ray the audio comes only from ray but if choose TV speakers i have audio from both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Why use the tv speakers? The Ray is intended to replace them. Plus there’s a small delay so the sound from tv+Ray must sound odd. 

Turn off the tv speakers. Listen to the tv through the Ray. When you turn off the tv the sound from Ray should also turn off. Then in the Sonos app, select your music streaming source when you want music. 

If you enable tv Autoplay, tv audio will automatically play when tv is turned on again. 

Badge

Okay i will do that.

Thanks a lot 😊