Answered

Surround speakers SL not working in TV

• 30 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I added two One SL for surround speaker and one beam gen2 in room as a group. When I play YouTube on TV which is LG C2, the surround speaker has no sound, how can I set them play together? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 June 2023, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The vast majority of YouTube content is not surround.  In spite of what it claims to be, YouTube downgrades it to 2 channel stereo.  You can get some 5.1 surround content with a paid membership.

Userlevel 7

Be sure you have properly added the One SLs as surrounds in the Sonos app by following these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

Also be sure to set your TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On 

FYI...Most YouTube videos are only in stereo. With higher quality stereo content, the Beam will still play ambient audio out of the surround speakers. But with lower quality stereo, you will hear little to no audio out of the surrounds. Try testing different higher quality stereo sources on YouTube or play a 5.1 audio source instead.