Skip to main content
Question

surround speakers screen

• 20 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have done a “trueplay” in my system and I notice in the sonos app that the screen about the sourround speakers gestion has changed. 
Before, I had for each speaker a bar to choose the level of sound and nothing about the distance between the speakers and my seating position….( it is suppose with the trueplay this question about the distance was solve(?)) abd now I have to put this distance and I can not choose the level of each speaker, only the tv level for both .

My Sonos system has an ARC, two ERA 100 and a SUB.

Thanks and sorry for my english level!!!!!!

4 replies

Badge +2

Please….could somebody tell me if it is normal this issue I have in the app about the surrounds speakers?

May be more helpful to post your question in Spanish, so we can use a translation program. I’m really not sure what the word ‘gestion’ means in your post. 

I’ve not checked recently, but would think the controls for surround speakers wouldn’t change whether you’ve done a TruePlay session or not. However, there have been a lot of things rolling out in the S2 version of the app, so I may not be familiar with this area. 

You may also want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Puede ser más útil publicar su pregunta en español, para que podamos usar un programa de traducción. Realmente no estoy seguro de lo que significa la palabra "gestión" en tu publicación.

No lo he comprobado recientemente, pero creo que los controles de los altavoces envolventes no cambiarían si has hecho una sesión de TruePlay o no. Sin embargo, se han implementado muchas cosas en la versión S2 de la aplicación, por lo que puede que no esté familiarizado con esta área.

También es posible que desee llamar directamente al soporte de Sonos para discutirlo.

Cuando hablas directamente con la gente del teléfono, tienen herramientas a su disposición que les permitirán darte consejos específicos para tu red y el sistema Sonos.

Badge +2

Thank you Airgetlam for your answer….

Gestion I mean “using” or “functioning” but I will try in Spanish…..

Hice un “trueplay” antes de la nueva actualizacion y en el apartado de altavoces de sonido envolvente  no tenia que indicar a que distancia de mi posicion de visionado de television estan los altavoces envolventes porque el sistema Sonos con trueplay ya lo ha detectado……ahora tengo que indicar a que distancia estan esos altavoces cosa que antes no era necesario….(?)

En alguna ocasion ,en el pasado ,si no usaba la funcion “trueplay” me aparecia la indicacion de la distancia a los altavoces envolventes traseros cosa que si usaba la funcion trueplay no era necesario….por eso mi pregunta..

Con la nueva actualizacion hay que indicar la distancia a la que tenemos los altavoces envolventes despues de usta trueplay??

Again thanks for your interest…

Regards.-

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes. You can/do specify speaker distance after Trueplay now. I can’t remember if that was the case with the old app after Trueplay though - I seem to recall it was required before too…