Skip to main content

hello,

i have the sonos playbar, sub and a set of play one’s. recently the subwoofer stopped working. it is connected however there is not sound. i can control from the app but it does not make a difference-no sound. i have deleted and re connected a few times, the app is up to date, tried power cycling and still nothing.

any help would be appreciated.

Is your Playbar wired via Ethernet?  Is WiFi turned off on the Playbar? 

Generate a diagnostics report, contact Sonos support, and see what they can tell you. 

should have mentioned all that … so yes, the playbar is ethernet connected and the seperates are wifi based. the one’s are “wifi” on the app and working after an update recently. the sub is also “wifi” in the app and i see it on my list of items tagged on my wifi however, no sound.

thanks

should have mentioned all that … so yes, the playbar is ethernet connected and the seperates are wifi based. the one’s are “wifi” on the app and working after an update recently. the sub is also “wifi” in the app and i see it on my list of items tagged on my wifi however, no sound.

thanks

If WiFI is turned off on the Playbar, it cannot connect to the Sub/surrounds.  The radios need to be turned on, regardless of the Ethernet connection, because the Playbar connects directly to the Sub/surrounds via an ad-hoc private network. 

thanks

If WiFI is turned off on the Playbar, it cannot connect to the Sub/surrounds.  The radios need to be turned on, regardless of the Ethernet connection, because the Playbar connects directly to the Sub/surrounds via an ad-hoc private network. 

quickly tried that- turned on wifi on the playbar but sadly the sub is still inop. should there be a power cycle or should it be automatic?

quickly tried that- turned on wifi on the playbar but sadly the sub is still inop. should there be a power cycle or should it be automatic?

Should connect right away, but I’d try a power cycle.  If it doesn’t work, send a diagnostic and contact Sonos support. 

thank you jgatie!