sub mini would not connect

• 19 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Moved from Canada to Mexico and Sonos was disconnected for about 2 months. When trying to setup my arc and mini sub again the Sonos app would advised there was no wifi when there definitely was. To fix this I ended up deleting the app completely from my iPhone and reinstalling it as well as disconnect VPN. It now recognized there was wifi and it connected with the arc but could not connect the sub mini. Tried factory reset as in previous posts and it worked however it would not pair with the arc. How I ended fixing it was deleting the mini sub from “Living Room” in the app and the reinstalling it back in that room. Everything works fine now. Hope this helps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Mini sub would not connect, welcome to Sonos Community!

I’m glad you eventually got everything working and thank you for sharing your experience 🙂!

In regards to VPN I will quote my colleague from a different thread, below:

Sonos does not support the use of VPNs - that’s not to say a Sonos system will not work with them, just that we can’t assist as we are aware there may be issues that are unresolvable.

Many services maintain separate servers for providing streams to Sonos systems - they may not be accepting a connection via a VPN, even if accessing from a browser (via a different server) works.

This is usually a result of music copyright protection restrictions, many of which are location-based, and VPNs change your apparent location.