Sticky Answered

sub Gen 3 vs sub Gen 1

• 13 November 2023
  • 3 replies

My current Sonos theater set up is - 

Arc

Era 300 surrounds

Sub Gen 1

My question is this- is there any real need/reason to upgrade to Sub Gen 3? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 November 2023, 22:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Not really. All generations of the Sub basically sound the same. The Gen 3 has some updated internals and an updated Join button. The only reason you would need a Sub (Gen 3) is if you wanted to use two Subs with your Arc setup. At least one Sub (Gen 3) is required for a dual Sub setup.

Badge

So I’d like to read your knowledge in this case… my Sonos system are… arc / 2 era 300 / Sub mini but I’d like to change my sub mini for the Sub 1 gen. I get an amazing price in eBay but the question is… exist any problem with the 1 gen to paring with the last generation of speakers? ( about connectivity or kind issue) please I need your advice! Thanks 

Userlevel 7

So I’d like to read your knowledge in this case… my Sonos system are… arc / 2 era 300 / Sub mini but I’d like to change my sub mini for the Sub 1 gen. I get an amazing price in eBay but the question is… exist any problem with the 1 gen to paring with the last generation of speakers? ( about connectivity or kind issue) please I need your advice! Thanks 

The Sub Gen 1 will work just fine with the Arc.