Answered

Sub Gen 3 bought in UK doesn’t turn on

I bought a Sonos subwoofer in London and brought it to my house in Brazil. 

When I plugged the cord into the outlet it sounded like the sub had not turned on. The Status Light didn’t come on and the Sub did not show up in the Sonos app, so it couldn’t be connect. 

Now I see that on the plug cord is written 250v and not Auto-switching 100 - 240V ~ 50-60 Hz 2 A AC universal input. 

Can I use another cord to plug the sub to the 127v outlet?

Could anyone help me to connect the sub? I already have a Sonos Play 5 and a Sonos 5 connected through the app in my iPhone.  

icon

Best answer by Belly M 2 March 2023, 12:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +20

The Sub is auto-switching 100-240V, otherwise Sonos would have to make multiple models for different voltage areas throughout the world.

The UK lead will of course be marked for the UK mains power supply and not related to the Sub’s voltage input range.

Find a suitable lead and try again, if no joy contact Sonos support,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos sell power cords for their devices in many countries, if they have a Brazilian site check it out (or another country that uses the same plugs).

Thank you so much.