Skip to main content

Soundbar and Sonos 2

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I just purchased a brand new Sonos receiver and the Sonos App does not work. It is a revolving loop of signing in, and the application was deleted, reinstalled, the WiFi is over 600bps. The tech company, which is a Sonos dealer, said it is not the Sonos system, it is the app. The speakers work though the new amp with individual streaming services, but not with the Sonos app. Also, my Sonos Soundbar will not hook up by bluetooth to the Sonos App either. When will the new Sonos App be fixed?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

A few points:

1. Sonos doesn’t make a “receiver”.  What exactly are you trying to do, and which Sonos devices do you own?
  2. No Sonos soundbar supports a Bluetooth connection.  Again, what are your trying to achieve? 

For #2, I would assume they are talking about BLE used for setup of the soundbar?  But yes, you can’t use bluetooth to send audio to any current Sonos soundbar.

The “Sonos AMP” does not connect to the “Sonos Sound Bar” by Wifi. The new Sonos App does not work right according to the authorized Sonos dealer I bought it from, and although the AMP connected to the internet and can be used with other apps and streaming services for the speakers I already have hooked up, the Soundbar does not connect. It is probably the App that is the issue, because it is not a hardware or internet connection issue.

The “Sonos AMP” does not connect to the “Sonos Sound Bar” by Wifi. The new Sonos App does not work right according to the authorized Sonos dealer I bought it from, and although the AMP connected to the internet and can be used with other apps and streaming services for the speakers I already have hooked up, the Soundbar does not connect. It is probably the App that is the issue, because it is not a hardware or internet connection issue.

There’s nothing about the new app which should be preventing the setup of an Amp as surrounds.  I’ve disconnected surrounds and readded them several times, and it all works fine.  There’s something else at work here.