Audio In:

WM: 1

Music is skipping from iTunes on my MacBook using sky Q router 

Moderator edit: removed serial number

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 January 2023, 16:41

View original

3 replies

Hi.  The Sonos system cannot play iTunes, so are you using Airplay?

To my knowledge, iTunes was retired with MacOS release for Catalina, everything migrated to Music, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Futur3s3lf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I think you mean you are having issues playing local stored music, in an iTunes folder on your MacBook?

I think this might be related to Sky Q - if you have a Sky Q box, it’s possible that Sonos is connecting to it instead of to your router - please turn the Sky Q box off and on again, then test playback - if it’s now better, then we need to ensure that your Sonos devices do not connect to the Sky Q box again.

If you can permanently connect a single Sonos device (not a Sub or Surround Sound speaker) to ethernet, that will change the way it and the other speakers connect, bypassing your WiFi entirely. Please make sure not to keep the wired speaker and the router within 1m of each other.

Alternatively, you would need to split your WiFi bands (2.4 & 5 GHz), if not already done, then only give Sonos the credentials to connect to 2.4GHz, while also disabling the Sky Q’s broadcast of 2.4GHz - to access this use the Sky remote control: Press Home and the user should see a menu with the 'Settings' option highlighted. Press 0,0,1 on the remote and then 'Select'. This will open the engineer's menu and in here you can disable the 2.4GHz. Do not disable the 5GHz. For assistance with this, and with changing your router settings, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to configure the router for you.

I hope this helps.