Answered

Sound mute on LG over ARC with SONOS Amp

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have recently installed LG G2 screen along with SONOS AMP and both are connected via HDMI ARC on HDMI port 2.
i have 2 x HDMI sources (Apple Tv & Dish Tv) which are connected with the LG screen by using HDMI port 1 & HDMI port  2.

Once SONOS amp configured properly with the LG screen but after a couple of minutes mute showed on the LG screen and audio muted. in this scenerio if i select the TV speakers, sound comes from the tv speakers properly but on ARC it gets muted.

Then i unplug the Dish tv HDMI and after couple of seconds sound comes from the ARC.

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 March 2023, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dildarhashmi 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend checking your “Dish TV” device for any features relating to the TV’s power, volume and/or input switching (HDMI-CEC functions) and disabling them.

If you cannot, I recommend fitting a “CEC-Less Adaptor” to the Dish TV’s HDMI cable to prevent it from causing a conflict instead. These are quite cheap and can be found on your favoured online store.

I hope this helps.