Answered

Sound loss on sonos beam gen 2

• 15 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I have recently purchased a Sonos beam gen 2. Sound quality great but the sound frequently just drops out and I have to turn everything off to get it working again. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 December 2022, 11:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have?

Panasonic TV ~ 8 years old. There are some forums saying that it might need an update but appears all up to date. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Charlie.Howard 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It may help to unplug your TV from power for at least 2 minutes - this will force the TV’s software to restart in a way that Standby does not achieve.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for this. Sadly this hasn't worked and have tried in on a number of occasions. It does seem to be quite a common issue with these soundbars. Any other guidance would be much appreciated 👍

Thanks again 

That TV, whichever model it is, may not be capable of sending an appropriate signal out to the Sonos. Panasonic comes up frequently with concerns in these forums, and any TV that is 8+ years old is suspect in my mind, no matter the manufacturer. 

You may need to split the audio signal off before it reaches the TV set. Since you seem unwilling to give us a model number for that TV, would you be willing to tell us how your Beam is connected to the TV currently?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Charlie.Howard 

Apologies for the delay - I have been on holday.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - it sounds like there might be a HDMI-CEC conflict with another device connected to your TV.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your replies. My TV Model number is TX-L426B. I'll get in touch the technical support team as well.

Thank you