Answered

Sound from DirecTV into Sonos

• 2 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Trying to get sound from DirecTV into my Sonos system to put in any room.  The old DirecTV had analog out that went directly into my Sonos Connect.  The new box doesn’t have that.  I split (1x4) my HDMI signal from the output of a Denon Amplifier to 2 Samsung TVs.  I tried to take a 3rd HDMI into my Sonos AMP but I get no sound.  Is there a way to take the Digital Coax or TOSlink from the DirecTV box into the Sonos Connect to distribute that audio to my Sonos system?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 June 2023, 05:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Sonos Amp works from HDMI ARC, not just a standard HDMI signal, so it needs to come from a device that generates an ARC signal. This is why the Sonos is supposed to be plugged in to the display device, not the source device.

However, you could easily feed an optical signal from the DirecTV Genie to the Sonos optical adapter, and plug that adapter into the Sonos Amp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Remember both the coaxial and the optical connection on the Connect are out, not in.