Sound Cutting Out When Using LG OLED 77CX eARC Setting

I recently purchased a LG OLED 77CX and connected my Sonos Arc. On the TV, there’s a setting to turn on the eARC capability. However, when I turn on the eARC capability, the sound through the Sonos Arc cuts out every few seconds and comes back on within a second or two. I thought eARC capability was the newest technology; however, it seems something isn’t connecting properly between the TV and Sonos Arc.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Do you have the latest firmware installed on your TV? Also try unplugging your TV and Arc from power for about a minute.

Yes, I have the latest TV firmware. I also unplugged the TV and Arc, but the sound kept cutting out when  I plugged the devices back in. I've seen other posts depicting this same issue with other TVs so something isn't right.

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other devices connected to the TV?

I have a ReSound Unite TV Streamer 2 connected to the TV via a digital optical cable. This device streams audio from the TV to my hearing aids.

Userlevel 7

Just to test, if you disconnect the ReSound and unplug the Arc and TV from power again for about an minute, do you still experience the same problem?

Disconnecting the ReSound didn't help.

Userlevel 7

Make sure your TV is set to these settings and test again:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Out: Pass Through

eARC: On

Auto Device Detection: On

Simplink (HDMI-cec): On

Auto Power Sync: Off

I've gone through most of the TV settings and don't recall seeing some of the settings you're talking about. Let me track down these settings and I'll let you know if it works. I'm interested in getting the best sound possible from the TV/Arc Soundbar. Will these settings affect the overall sound quality? I'm currently able to get Dolby ATMOS with the eARC turned off so I don't want to lose that capability by making these changes.

Userlevel 7

The settings I posted will give you the best audio. If you are still experiencing audio cutting out with eARC turned on, you can always turn it off again since you don’t seem to need it with your current setup.

Or just ignore my settings since you are already getting Dolby Atmos audio and leave eARC turned off since that seems to be the culprit.

Thanks for all your help. I'll see what the other settings produce.

The only setting I was able to change was the Digital Sound Out which I changed from Auto to Pass Through. When I turned the eARC on I thought that was the solution because when I started to watch a show on Amazon Prime the sound didn't cut out. Unfortunately, when I went to a show on Hulu the sound started to cut out so I switched everything back.

Userlevel 7

Since everything else seems to be working and you don’t need eARC functionality with your current setup, just keep eARC turned off. Hopefully LG and Sonos will have it fixed before you need to turn it on in the future if you ever decide to add an external device that requires eARC.

Thank you. That seems to be my best choice right now.