Skip to main content
Answered

sound cutting out

• 21 July 2024
  • 3 replies

While watching tv using my spectrum dvr box, both recorded and live shows, the sound goes away. It starts again after 1 to 3 seconds. If I rewind the show I’m watching the sound that was gone before is now there. Also, if I hold the volume up button the sound returns. I have not tried watching shows using only the tv speakers. It doesn’t happen frequently but it’s enough to be annoying. 

3 replies

Hard to tell from your description if it is a Sonos issue (even assuming you’re using a Sonos speaker, there’s no information stating you are), or that the Spectrum box or even the TV is failing to feed a full-time signal to a Sonos device. 

If you’re using a Sonos device, I would submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

If you are not using a Sonos device, I’d start with contacting either Spectrum, or the manufacture of whatever TV you have. 

Sorry for the lack of info. Yes it’s a Sonos sound bar. Sub and 2 player one speakers.  Guess I’ll go the diagnostic route. Thank you for your help😎

Yes, I think it's more than likely a Sonos issue. I'm experiencing exactly the same thing with my Arc. It takes an unusually long time to get the volume back up to a listening level. It happened 3X in the past week  and twice tonight. Very annoying and no time frame for a fix, assuming it's a software problem and not hardware.