I got my Sonos Arc, Sub3, OneSL to all connect to my Sony tv and Apple 4K box flawlessly before Christmas.
Earlier this month, I inadvertently allowed the tv to update the Android OS and now I have had nothing but troubles. I haven’t checked all of the various posts but here are my observations and issues
- Connecting the tv and sonos via wifi and the network strength seems healthy
- The tv would switch to the Sonos system at the beginning (1 week ago) and now it can’t even find it (today). Sometimes it would drop the connection.
- I have unplugged everything except my Arc and the TV (eArc port which is hdmi3).
- I can stream music to my speakers from my iPhone
- The app can’t find the tv nor does the tv find the sound system.
- I have unplugged it and switched cables but still not sure.
- If I switch to hdmi 3, I get a picture/pattern similar to the ones you see on the sonos box.
So now I am thinking that there is a bug either in the Android OS or the Sonos S2 app on my iPhone. Not sure what are my next steps. Very annoying and frustrating. I wish there was a better interface setup between the tv and the sono system instead of just relying on the app.
Best answer by AjTrek1View original
Have you tried disconnecting and unplugging the Arc and starting the setup process from scratch?
As your issues started after your TV updated I’d rule out the S2 app as the culprit. IMO It’s the TV.
Turn off your TV
Disconnect TV and Arc from power and remove the HDMI cable from the Arc.
Unplug the sub and surrounds
Reboot your router and let it come back
Power cycle your iOS or Android device
Plug in your TV
Connect the HDMI cable to the Arc
Plug in the Arc
Power on your TV
Set the TV sound to external HDMI if necessary (or whatever settings make the TV recognize external speakers)
Plug in the sub and surrounds (1x1)
Let us know the outcome.
So, it now works again, weird. Will keep these notes on hand but thanks for your assistance.