Skip to main content
Answered

Sony TV to Sonos Arc via HD Fury Arcana- no audio

• 19 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Been having trouble lately with my Sony TV/ HD Fury Arcana/ Sonos Arc.

I have had the HD Fury Arcana since its initial kickstarter and its mostly worked fine to deliver Dolby Atmos from my Xbox One X to my Sonos Arc.

But recently things have gone a bit weird.

Now when I turn my TV on the audio doesn't come on. 

The TV recognises that an external speaker system is attached & active, and in fact it will not allow me to revert to TV Speakers.  But the Arc and the Sonos app do not register any input. 

The only way to fix this is to unplug the Arcana and re-start it. Then the sound triggers / handshakes with the Sonos Arc. I have to do this every time I turn the TV on. (NOTE: The Arcana shows all inputs and outputs are active on its LED display)

My first thought is that the Arcana is the problem, but the thing is- I haven't done anything with the Arcana recently. The last firmware update was 5 months ago and I don't touch the settings. It worked fine and now it doesn't.

On the other hand my both my Sony TV and Sonos App have had recent updates. Which leads me to believe the problem is something to do with the updates. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix? *crosses fingers*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

The latest Sonos update is causing the problem. HDFury just released a new firmware update to fix it. Download the 0.82 v2 update on HDFury’s Discord page:

https://discord.gg/yCRdfPw

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks.

The Arcana update seems to have fixed the issue for the most part  but its still occasionally buggy when going back and forth between Xbox and TV apps.

I’m having the same issue with the Sonos Arc with my Bravia XBR900F.  I’m using firmware v.84, but when I turn on the TV to watch over the air channels (not my ATV), Arcana will not pass the audio to my ARC.  I literally have to unplug the TV, unplug all the cables from the Arcana, and wait for 5 minutes, plug the power back into the TV, plug everything back into the arcana, and power it up.  Then maybe, just maybe; I can hear audio from the TV signal to my ARC.  

Since the issue app ears to be with the Arcana, have you sought a remedy with HD Fury’s support in Discord? 

Since the issue app ears to be with the Arcana, have you sought a remedy with HD Fury’s support in Discord? 

Yes, I did ask the same question there.  It seems there are issues with the Arcana with periodic sound not being passed from the built TV audio IF you when the TV is turned off and turn back on.