Skip to main content
Answered

Sony TV - Sonos Arc Volume Issue

• 2 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have 2 Sony XBR75X750H TV’s connected to Arc’s, Sub, and Amps (for rear speakers).

Occasionally on both systems, the volume will not go off even when turnign down to 0.  

I can fix by rebooting the TV.

Yesterday when this problem happened, I unplugged the HDMI from the TV and the volume working properly on the internal speakers.  When I plugged the HDMI back in, the volume then also worked properly on the Arc.

I have unsuccessfully tried Sony and Sonos support, although Sonos suggested calling back when the problem was happening.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Are any input devices, such as a cable box or media player, shared between the TV’s?

No

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When it happens submit a diagnostic to capture the event, then call. If it takes you more than a few minutes to get to Support the data could be purged by the log’s updating with other info.

Thanks, will do.

I did send diagnostics to and phone Sonos when the problem occured,  They did a reset on my Arc’s and also got me to adjust the volume to 0 on my Sonos App while the TV volume was at 0 as well.  So far, so good!

Problem is back and even worse.  No sometimes no volume until level 4, 6, 8, etc.  Also, sometimes volume will go from 0 to 2, to 8, to 20 instead of up by 2 at a time.  Resetting the TV fixes for a while.