Skip to main content

Hello.

I have Sony KD-55XE8505 and Sonos Beam gen1. 

It works fine, when I play music from Spotify and after turning on my TV, the sound imminently switches automatically without any problem. 

But very often when I turn on my TV, the TV starts to use internal speakers. (it looks like first used per day). And also in TV settings selected "internal speakers" (previous session was with Sonos and "sound system" in settings), when I change it to "sound system" - sound disappears. The remote control can change volume value but there is no sound. Return to "internal speakers" in settings returns sound to internal speakers. 

But if I disconnect and connect Sonos HDMI cable, sound imminently starts working on Beam. Not so cool every time reconnect cable :( 

Sonos Beam and TV and Wi-Fi router all the time plug to power. (TV with Android and seems to me never turn off, just sleep mode.) 

Maybe someone has advice, how I can fix this problem? Thank you. 

Seems like an issue with the CEC controller in your TV initializing properly. I’d start with checking to see if there are any software updates for the TV and apply them. Then, I’d reboot the TV itself by unplugging it from the wall for five minutes, then plugging it back in. 

I checked TV updates, reboot TV,  unplugging power for Beam and TV for 5 min. It doesn't help. :(

Now I see, for sure. When Beam plays music from Spotify and after I try to use the TV with Beam, sound doesn't work. And also, when sound doesn't work - restarting all devices doesn't help. Its returns only when I disconnect and connect Sonos HDMI cable with the TV on. 

It have some difference, which internet connection have devices? (my TV connects with Ethernet and Beam with wifi.)

Do you have some more advice, what I can do?

Thank you.

In the app, go to Settings > System > (Beam room name) and make sure 'TV Autoplay' is set to On.

In the app, go to Settings > System > (Beam room name) and make sure 'TV Autoplay' is set to On.

Thank you. ‘TV Autoplay’ it’s “On” already. :(

Seems like an issue with the CEC controller in your TV initializing properly. I’d start with checking to see if there are any software updates for the TV and apply them. Then, I’d reboot the TV itself by unplugging it from the wall for five minutes, then plugging it back in. 

I bought a used Beam and it has no original cable. Can it be the reason, why I lost sound on my Beam?

It is very strange that sound returns ONLY after reconnecting HDMI. When I switch sound system/external speakers in Tv settings, nothing happens. Restart devices also don't help. 

I did all your instruction but problem still with me. :((

Unlikely that the cable would work one moment, and not the next, but you certainly could try replacing it. If the cable you’re using was too ‘old’ in the HDMI version it supports, it would never work, not vacillate between the two states. 

At this point, you may want to engage with Sonos support directly. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

However, this may be an issue where engaging with Sony is the better path. The Sonos normally plays what it’s handed by the TV, and much of your anecdotal evidence suggests that the issue isn’t with the Sonos not playing the source, but the source not being sent to the Sonos. 

Unlikely that the cable would work one moment, and not the next, but you certainly could try replacing it. If the cable you’re using was too ‘old’ in the HDMI version it supports, it would never work, not vacillate between the two states. 

At this point, you may want to engage with Sonos support directly. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

However, this may be an issue where engaging with Sony is the better path. The Sonos normally plays what it’s handed by the TV, and much of your anecdotal evidence suggests that the issue isn’t with the Sonos not playing the source, but the source not being sent to the Sonos. 

Thanks for advices. 

Finally I fixed it. Rebooting and reconnecting HDMI didn't help. I did it many times. But in one of try, I turn OFF HDMI-CEC in my tv setting (on my TV name of CEC is "BRAVIA Sync"). I turn it OFF, disconnect sonos beam, reboot TV and after that turn ON "BRAVIA Sync", and plug in sonos beam. Already 5 days it works perfect.

Thanks))