Sony Bravia switching back to tv speakers with Sonos Arc

• 10 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Sony Bravia will not stay connected to Sonos Arc. Switches back to TV speakers. Got it to work once by removing all connections, powering down both units then repowering both units and reconnecting all inputs. However when I shut the system down and turned it back on it went back to switching to TV speakers. Can any one help? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does “shut the system down” mean? Do you power everything off completely?

Yes. Disconnected the power supply to both units, tv and Sonos arc. Waited a couple of minutes and then plugged them back in. Tv first . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like CEC is failing. Try switching to optical instead, if that switches back to the TV speakers too then it is time for a new TV.

It’s a new TV. I unplugged all other devices except the cable box and the ARC hdmi , reset both systems and the switching has stopped and the TV  remains on Audio System. Sonos doesn’t seem to be the problem. I’m reaching out to Sony.