Answered

Sony Bravia 49xd8305 compatible with playbase?

• 1 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Dear All, I am planning to buy used sonos playbase and wanted to check if it is compatible with my Sony Bravia 49xd8305 TV.

Could you please help me with this.

BTW I have sonos play 5 connected to my TV and wanted to check if playbase adds any benefit over my play 5.

Thanks in Advance

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 October 2023, 18:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

A PLAYBASE uses an optical connection to receive data from the TV set, does your TV have an optical output?

Badge

Yes and I do not know how it looks, hence the question if it is compatible.

Looking at the back of this device on the Best Buy website, I do not see am optical output that would satisfy the PLAYBASE, although the description says it has one. (Number of Digital Optical Audio Outputs 1)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-49-class-led-x800e-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/5748204.p?skuId=5748204

you may want to Google a manual, or if you own one of these, look for that connection yourself, since they no longer seem to be sold, at least here in the US. I’m not sure how far to trust the images I’ve found, especially on the Best Buy website. 

If some of the other images are to be trusted, it may be next to the green port, and labeled Digital Audio Out. I’m sure there are settings in the TV’s audio settings about making sure it’s on.