Answered

SonosArc sync/compatabilty with Sony Bravia Oled

• 11 February 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge

My Sonos Arc keeps losing connectivity/sync with my Sony Bravia Oled tv, it is connected with the eArc hdmi. I have to keep unplugging power and hdmi and then reconnecting power and hdmi to get the Sony to play sound through the audio system. Otherwise the Sony message says audio system is unavailable and switches back to tv speakers, sometimes the Sony shows the audio system to be connected but I get no sound, sometimes the Sony shows the audio system to be connected and I get sound but cannot control volume with the remote, I basically have to reset the Sonos Arc by unplugging it before every use to get everything to sync. I want the audio system to connect automatically every time without having to reset the Sonos Arc force for every use. I have a friend with the same systems and he has the same issues. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 12 February 2023, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

As a first step, unplug HDMI cables from the TV and reboot by holding the TV remote’s power button for five seconds in order to trigger a reboot. Also reboot the ARC. Once both have completed their reboot, restore the ARC’s HDMI connection. At this point, submit a SONOS diagnostic and note the confirmation number. If, in the future, you experience one of these issues, submit another diagnostic and contact SONOS phone support. Only SONOS staff has access to the diagnostic data.

Badge

Thank you , I’ve tried all that pretty much on a daily basis except for submitting a diagnostic, I’ll do that 

Userlevel 7

Do you have any other external devices connected to the TV?

Badge

Satellite cable box and a blue ray player

Userlevel 7

Satellite cable box and a blue ray player

One of these devices might be causing CEC interference. Try disabling the CEC setting on both devices.

Badge

I don’t find any menu item on the cable box except to run a test, there was an update for the blue ray player and  I’ve downloaded it and the only menu item I find is to turn the hdmi connection on or off didn’t find any sync on or off

Userlevel 7

What model cable box and Blu-Ray player do you have?

Badge

Direct Tv and Sony Blue ray

Userlevel 7

Direct Tv and Sony Blue ray

Look for a setting called “HDMI Control” on the DirecTV box and “Control for HDMI” on the Blu-ray player and disable those settings.

Badge

Okay I turned the blue ray hdmi control to off and the direct tv box was already set to off, and rebooted , hopefully that takes care of it

Badge

So far so good, hasn’t acted up since I turned off the blue ray hdmi, but am I going to turn it back on to use the blue ray?

Userlevel 7

So far so good, hasn’t acted up since I turned off the blue ray hdmi, but am I going to turn it back on to use the blue ray?

If you can control your Blu-ray player without that setting turned on, then keep it disabled. Enable the setting only if it’s necessary.