Skip to main content

So ever since Sonos released update 15.5 our Sonos Arc has had troubles connecting to the Sonos app (cabled and wireless). We have tried all the Steps possible through the Sonos app to try and fix it but no luck. Besides that we also reset all our routers and TP link access points. All our other Sonos products work fine (Move, 2x One SL, 2x One, Sub GEN2 and PlayBar). I’m worried the new update broke or corrupted something in our Arc sound bar and am interested to know if other people have the same issues.

Here is a list of things we have tried

• Tried Sonos advanced troubleshooting in the App.
  • Factory reset does not seem to work anymore (no orange lights).
  • Reboot also not working, white light keeps blinking for hours and hours.
  • Wired connection reboot worked once but still Sonos app could not see the Arc as connected and also adding as new speaker did not work.
  • Reset router and access points.
  • Tried network update through the Sonos app.

Just as a first suggested step, what happens if you power off all the access points and routers that you mention in your post and just let everything connect direct to your one main (primary) router (wireless/wired) network subnet only, instead? 

I very temporarily had some disturbing non connect  warnings immediately after update 15.5 completed, but I just closed the app rather than start chasing. Reopened the app and everything was fine. Not the first update where I've experienced this kind of issue. 

But if completely repowering and resetting the Arc didn't resolve your problem then I'd report it directly to Sonos.

Hi

If you are still having issues I suggest you submit a diagnostic and post the reference ID in your next post. Then call Sonos tech support to discuss the issue.

Click here and follow the steps.

Update went fine, no issues. I hear an increase in volume from the Arc, which I’m happy about. Anyone else shared this benefit?