Sonos Sub mini low bass with Dolby vision content

I purchased a Sonos Sub Mini, which works flawlessly. However, I noticed that when playing Dolby Vision content, the bass does not respond as well as it does with other types of content on Netflix.

System: Beam gen 2, ikea symfonisk and mini.

Tv: TCL qled 55c728 supported hdmi 2.1

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Your Soundbar has no knowledge that the video signal your TV or streamer is decoding is Dolby Vision enabled, if you hear a difference in bass output when playing back DV content it is the content, your streaming device or the TV causing the change.

Dolby Vision content with Atmos on Amazon Prime Video and through Plex (for my ripped movies) works flawlessly and I feel clear bass. However, I think it's the Netflix deticated app which causing the issue. Specifically, when I try to watch The Vvitch and Sweet tooth, both have Dolby Vision with DD5.1 but the bass is so slow and I can barely hear anything from my mini. I am wondering if this issue is unique to me or if others have experienced the same problem.