Sonos Sub Mini - Low Bass

• 30 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, for some reason my sub mini won’t let out much bass now I have all the settings up on high was working fine when I first got it now there a big drop in the bass 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @FS786 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Due to the long wavelength of bass sounds, you can sometimes end up in a bit of a dead zone. If this is the problem, you’ll be able to resolve this simply by moving the Sub Mini a few centimetres.

Alternatively, as the Sub is told what to play by the device it’s bonded to, a reboot of that device (unplug from power for a short time) may resolve the issue.

If none of this works, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Same issue, the Sub mini was great until today and I have lost all bottom end. I have done factory reset and Trueplay tuning and nowhere near the same bass as before. Very disappointed that I can’t get back to where it was. Something changed with the system, placement is exactly how it was when it was thumping!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Thisbeme 

Then I give you the same advice - please get in touch with our technical support team.

We do not recommend you factory reset your products unless selling them.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for reaching out. After the reset, reseating the HDMI cable, and another round of Trueplay tuning it seems it is back to normal - not going to touch anything now! If any issues in the future will def reach out to tech support as suggested.