Answered

Sonos sub gen2 underwhelming bass

• 5 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve added sub (gen2) recently to my existing Sonos system (playbar, 2X play1) and I don't hear or very little bass from sub if I set the sub setting to +7 and more.

I have gone through the posts/questions here and none of the solutions provided, worked for me. Things I tried.

• factory resetting the sub and adding it to system multiple times
  • trueplay active and without trueplay
  • changing sub placement (playbar and sub are always placed very closely)
  • restarting the playbar
  • removing the surround sound and adding it again
  • connecting playbar to LAN cable
  • connecting sub to LAN cable

The sub is equally bad when playing music from Sonos app and from TV.

What else can I do? any help would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by John B 5 May 2023, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sub has (or should have) plenty of heft, so if you are not getting much out of it, it may be faulty.  It does depend on the content being played, of course.

I assume, given that it is a gen 2, it is pre-owned?

If you go into the System Settings for your Playbar, does it show *LS+RS+Sub”?

The only way to be sure is to call Sonos Support and get them to remote access your system.  It would be a good idea to first submit a system diagnostic (Settings, Support) and have the confirmation number to hand.

The Sub has (or should have) plenty of heft, so if you are not getting much out of it, it may be faulty.  It does depend on the content being played, of course.

I assume, given that it is a gen 2, it is pre-owned?

If you go into the System Settings for your Playbar, does it show *LS+RS+Sub”?

The only way to be sure is to call Sonos Support and get them to remote access your system.  It would be a good idea to first submit a system diagnostic (Settings, Support) and have the confirmation number to hand.

Thank you for reply. yes, it is pre-owned and yes, it shows “LS+RS+Sub” and If I put my hand speaker openings in sub I could feel very little vibration. Do you still think it could be faulty?

Did you solve your problem? 

I have similar issues when using sub (gen 3) with an arc, there’s hardly any activity on the sub, with levels cranked way up it gets only slightly better.

When I pair the same sub with another speaker (era 300) it definitely works better, meaning; turning up the sub levels (as high as I needed to with the arc to hear it only a little bit) almost made the house shake.

Guessing trueplay on arc is off as android app doesn’t have that option for arc

Software 15.4

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You’s need an iPhone to perform Trueplay on an Arc, yes.