sonos + samsung frame + beolab 8000mk2

• 12 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I would like to buy 4 second hand beolab 8000 mk2 and a samsumg frame. I would like to listen to spotify (via sonos?) with all 4 speakers together and if I use the samsung tv frame I would like to hear only the 2 speakers close to the tv. Who can help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You will need two SONOS PORT’s and one optical to analog audio converter. Each PORT Line-Out connects to an 8000’s Line Input, the converter is connected between the SAMSUNG optical output to Line-In on one PORT. I don’t recall if the 8000’s automatically switch their power.

PORT does not support surround sound. Using a SONOS controller you can select any source to play on one or both pairs of 8000’s and any combination of SONOS speakers. Volume is controlled with the SONOS controller.

Thank you very much buzz. Using the system as you described above, the sonos controller (I suppose the app) is needed always if you want to watch tv (and use the 8000’s)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Using the Port will introduce 70ms delay to the TV sound. Sound and image will not be in sync? Won’t you be bothered by this?