Answered

Sonos Port + Sonos Sub Gen 3 + Kef LS50?

• 21 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all

I currently have an arc + sub setup for TV watching and a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless actives for music. The great bass response I get with the Sonos setup has now made me want to hook up a sub to the kefs :) 

is there any way to use my existing Sonos sub 3 for this? I know I can’t connect the sub directly to the kefs but would a solution be to use a Sonos Port? Would connecting the Port optical out to the Kef optical in allow me to group them together with the sub?

I think I’m getting a headache

icon

Best answer by John B 21 August 2022, 10:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  I am afraid the Sonos Sub cannot be used with the Port, because the Sub would be downstream of anything the Port could control.  Some active speakers have a subwoofer connection to which you could connect a wired subwoofer.

Hmm that’s a shame - I’m not sure how I can justify yet another big box in the living room…

i dunno why Sonos don’t give us the option of using the sub with non-Sonos products :(

thanks for the reply

i dunno why Sonos don’t give us the option of using the sub with non-Sonos products :(

The total absence of any Sonos software in those products might just possibly be a reason.  Sonos speakers are more like computers than traditional speakers.