Skip to main content

My TV and Sonos play bar have been working fine for well over 12 months. Then last night, my TV turned itself off and every time I turned it back on by the remote. It turned itself off again

after unplugging both sound bar and TV from the wall and waiting a short while plugging them back in and I’ve even reset the play bar. Both work fine independently but the play bar will not play. What’s on TV today I have bought a new optical audio cable and I’ve plugged that in and it is no better 

I have the television speakers turned off and have tried to reset the remote with the sound bar which I’ve done and again seems to work fine but the sound bar still does not play what’s on the TV. Can anybody help please

Are you selecting “tv” as input in the Sonos app, or is it set to “tv Autoplay”?

Is the tv set to output sound to the optical cable/external speakers? 

Not sure where to check input on App 

BTW thank you for trying to help me. 

The optical cable is a one way connection for the TV to send audio to the playbar.  The playbar can’t communicate with the TV via that connection.  In other words, the playbar can’t have anything to do with your TV turning itself off.

I don’t see an option in your TV settings to send audio via the optical connection, and don’t know if audio is sent automatically with TV speakers off.  You may want to look at the digital out formatting to see what options are there. 

On the Sonos app, make sure that the source for your playbar is set to TV.

Not sure where to check input on App 

On your phone or pc where you’re running the Sonos S2 app. Select the room, then the musical notes icon at the bottom of the screen. These are the music sources your system can access. Scroll down to “TV” and select it by tapping. 

Thank you Danny

will have a play and look further into settings on both. A great explanation 👍

To set tv Autoplay, go to settings/system/roomname and scroll down. Make sure the tv Autoplay slider is set to the right. It does no harm to slide it left first 😜