Skip to main content

Sonos Playbar sound cutting in and out

• 8 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi All

i just wanted to let you all know. 
For a long time my Sonos setup and especially the soundbar has been cutting out the audi at random with a 5-10 sec pause until the audio resumed. 
I have been troubleshooting everything and I was suspecting my wifi but just couldn’t find anything at all. 
I stumbled across another thread that explained that if you connect one of you Sonos devices with an ethernet cable all other devices will change how they connect - so I did….. I hard wired a Play1 in the basement and now my playbar in the upstairs living room is playing flawlessly….

Audio hasn’t dropped since!!! @Cory B you are the man!!!!! Thanks!

I hope this helps anyone else experiencing this annoying issue 

Merry Christmas everyone

Ho Ho Ho :-)

Jeppe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Pixelweb, welcome to Sonos Community!

Thank you for sharing your experience and I’m glad that you are no longer having audio cutouts.

If the issue comes back, I recommend you to Submit Diagnostics within 10 minutes of it happening and reach out to our Support Team for some live troubleshooting.

They have more tools at their disposal and can provide you with information and advice specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

@Sotiris C. 

Shoot it happened again this morning. 
played flawlessly all of yesterday

created a diagnostic file right after it happened ID:1299845138

damn I thought I had it fixed 🤯

regards

jeppe