Answered

Sonos playbar + sonos amp

• 9 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I’m sure this question might have been asked before but trying to figure out how to best to do this. 

I have a playbar, sonos sub, 2x sonos 1 speakers and just got an amp + 2 ceiling speakers. 

I was thinking of using playbar + sub + amp (and 2 ceiling speakers) for a 5.1 surround set up (or a 3.1.2 set up if I understand the nomenclature correctly). Can I do this? Which device would I connect to my TV (the amp or the playbar)? 

Could I do a 7.1 set up if I used the Sonos 1 speakers as well? (Or 5.1.2 if I understand)  

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 9 January 2023, 06:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A surround set up in Sonos is a defined set of speakers. This means that you can only put a soundbar with two surrounds and one or two Subs into a Sonos “room”. This means that if you want to use the Amp and the ceiling speakers in a surround “room” with the soundbar, you’ll need to unbond the One’s.

PLAYBAR will be front L/C/R and AMP with the ceiling speakers could be the surrounds. You could also use one or two SUB’s. You cannot use both AMP and ONE’s as part of a surround system. If you use AMP for the surrounds, the ONE’s would be a separate Room. Grouping the ONE’s would OK for music, but you’ll have a delay to deal with of you attempt to Group the ONE’s with TV play. To some extent you can adjust the TV lip sync to compensate tor this delay, but this usually compromises the lip sync.

Ok. I won’t use the Sonos 1 speakers then. 

For sonos amp (and ceiling speakers) and playbar, which one needs to be connected to the TV? The amp or the playbar?

PLAYBAR