Answered

Sonos optimisation for music

• 12 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

So… I’m new to Sonos. I bought an Arc, a Sub Mini and 2 ERA300 6 months ago. The 300 are used as surrounds, in the back wall. I love what I’m hearing. In fact, I had a very good hifi system before and this set up comes pretty close to it. No complaints.

But I’m wondering if adding 2 ERA100 on the front wall would give an even better spatial sound for music reproduction. My room is 12x16 and is optimized (treated) for sound repro. Would it be worth the investment to add the 100s?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 12 October 2023, 01:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Adding Era 100 x 2 will not be part of the Home Theater experience. You would have to Group the Era 100’s to your Arc in order to hear music simultaneously. IMO all you would achieve is more volume up front. You may even experience a sense of unevenness as the tuning of the Era 100’s is different from that of the Arc.

You do not want to group the Era 100’s to the Arc for video audio as there will be a 75ms delay to the Era 100’s causing an echo effect.

Badge

I see… Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. Cheers!

Userlevel 7

@YipYip 

If you wish for a more traditional stereo sound for music the Era100 x 2 played along will make an excellent choice. However you will not be able to use the sub unless you remove it from the Arc and bond it to the Era 100’s. You’ll have to reverse the process to place it back with the Arc.

A set of Era 300’s or Five’s (my choice) would provide better low-end without a sub.

Badge

Yes I tried the Era 300 x 2 alone and with the sub and I like it but I definitely prefer when the 300 and the sub are grouped with the Arc. I was just curious what it would be if I added the 100s to the mix. Lot of experiments to be done to get the most out of the set up  (positioning, EQ, etc) but right now, its the best I ever had compared to my stereo set up. Mind you, for Home theater, it is truly stunning.