Question

Sonos + One Sl + One Sl

• 13 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Which is the better set up with the Beam, stereo or surround sound 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Bayou Boy Ala.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you have questions about which is better, Let me help you out.

The best set up you can get with your Sonos products is via 5.1 surround sound set up. This means, after setting up the beam, if you have a Sonos Sub, add a Sub via the Sonos app. and then, add surrounds. Other members of the community have tried setting up their Sonos speakers with their Sonos Home theater speaker via group and ungroup feature on the Sonos Appand they do not recommend grouping Sonos devices to your Sonos home theater speakers as there is a presence of delay on the grouped Sonos speaker.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick response and for your time. I would love to have a sub, unfortunately they are expensive and on a fixed income being retired l hope to be able to add one later. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Bayou Boy Ala.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

The Sonos home theater system would still function with or without the Sonos Sub. 5.1 surround sound set up if with a sub and 5.1 if surround sound set up without a sub. The quality of the audio and feeling of surrounds would still have a difference having added a Sub. However, everything still boils down to the person listening.

If you still have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks