Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos One SL not visible in Airplay and Spotify Device list

• 6 July 2021
  • 5 replies

This is my first SONOS product. While I can connect SONOS One SL thru SONOS app, it is not visible in Ariplay and Spotify Devices list most of the times. Only occasionally SONOS ONE SL is visible. I have tried in iPhone 6s and iPad 8 gen. All iOS products are on latest version.

I have tried power on/off, wifi switch off/on but did not solve.

I called SONOS customer support and they asked for diagnostics data which I sent thru SONOS app but yet to hear back from them.

Did any of you face same issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I think you need to contact Sonos yourself after sending in a diagnostic.

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the One SL from power for about a minute and rebooting your router. If this doesn’t work, I would try testing the speaker at a different location in your home.

Badge +2

Thanks. Rebooting the router solved the issue.

If you continue to have issues with the unit dropping off the app, you will need to set a static IP for the Sonos unit. See our new video below that details this and other problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKC93O1YRLQ

Thanks,

ATD

Not always a true statement. While setting up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos is always a good idea, it isn’t necessarily a solution that works for everything. If the user is experiencing wifi interference , for instance, setting up reserved IP addresses will not likely fix anything.