Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos One SL not playing with Sonos Arc

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I have 2 pieces of One SLs that I have connected to my Sonos Arc to create a surround sound. Although the setup went smooth and each One SL played seamless during the process, when I play any music/TV on surround, the One SLs simply don’t play. I wonder why. Could you please help? Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Is the TV source a 5.1 source? Or are you testing with a stereo source, such as YouTube or a talking heads program? Have you adjusted the volume for the surrounds in the settings for the room in the Sonos controller? note that you won’t get the same information/sounds out of the surrounds as the front speakers. 

Similarly, have you set the option in the same area for music to be ‘Full’ rather than ‘Ambient’, and adjusted the relative volume?

Hi Bruce!! You’re a real life saver :-).. you’re totally right - forgot to set the surround sound on in the settings… silly mistake!! But all’s good now and my surround sound is ON! Thanks again Bruce 🙏

Trust me, I’ve made the vast majority of these mistakes myself ;)

You’re most welcome!