Skip to main content

Sonos One SL

• 28 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Just received two Sonos One SL that I ordered online at Best Buy, but their boxes are different. One is white and the other is brown.  Same color as regular carton boxes. Wondering if that’s normal. Both are supposed to be new. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s the same model speaker. The brown packaging is the new “environmentally-responsible” packaging.

Packaging with care

A comprehensive approach to product circularity must include packaging. In FY21, we undertook a significant update to our packaging design to better align with our sustainability objectives. The solution uses Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified kraft paper and was first introduced with the launch of Sonos Roam. By FY25, we aim to use 100% post-consumer, FSC-certified, and recycled plant-based fiber paper.

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t complain too much if you did order One SLs as those boxes are for Ones, which include voice control.

Interesting: they were both manufactured in October of 2021, but they are slightly different hardware versions (A201 vs A300). I don’t know what this means. They are different production runs. Possibly one of them uses a different subassembly, such as a part from a different vendor. Everyone is struggling to source parts at the moment.