Answered

sonos one and beam

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have a Sonos Beam Gen 2, 2 Sonos One, Sub Mini and I don't have enough space to put the Sonos ones as rears because my room is too small so I have them on either side of the beam gen 2. My question regarding this is how does it affect the sound? Does the Beam use the extra outputs to enhance the sound coming-out for better stereo? Does it just simply out but the same audio that already coming out of the beam? I ask this because I'm thinking of buying the era 100 but i would like to know how this paring works first. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 22 March 2023, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Almost certainly, they will sound bad.
If you have them set up as surround effects speakers, the sound that comes from them will be those that the film director/editor wanted to come from behind you. If you listen to music the stereo sound will be muddled because the Beam will also be playing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You are better off setting up the Ones as  a room called “music” or suchlike, and listening to music from them (with or without the Sub Mini). Then just have a 3.0 or 3.1 system for movies. 

You can try the Sub bonded to each “room” to let your ears decide which combination is best.