Answered

Sonos keeps disconnecting HDMI Arc with LG TV and reverts back to TV Internal Speaker

• 31 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos Arc soundbar with Gen 3 sub and two Sonos One surrounds.  Connected to LG Model 49LJ550M TV.  Didn’t sink together initially, but finally got thing to connect.  Problem I’m having is after about an hour or so, the sound switches back to TV internal speaker.  The only way I have found to reconnect is to unplug the TV and then plug back in to power.  I love the Sonos sound, but the constant disconnection is driving me bonkers.  Anyone else having this issue?  If I can’t find a solution, I think I will return and try to find some other system that is more stable.  Help

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 January 2023, 10:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RMJ_AIA 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try disconnecting all other HDMI devices from the TV and test performance. If that has apparently fixed the issue, then a HDMI-CEC conflict is likely. Next, you’ll need to find out which device is conflicting, and disable any CEC functions on it - they usually refer to volume, TV power and input switching. Reconnect one device at a time and test each time until you are happy that device isn’t causing the problem, and move onto the next. If you can’t disable CEC on the problem device, or if it doesn’t help, you may need to get a CEC-less adaptor to fit on that device’s HDMI cable.

Please also ensure that you are using the supplied HDMI cable, and that it is securely fitted at both ends. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the help. It was my Roku CEC causing the conflict. Turned it off and working great.