Skip to main content

SonoS ERA300 sound direction

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I would like to wall mount my pair of SonoS 300 as surround.

The couch is attached to the wall.

The distance from listeners ears are 170cm on the side and “ear hight”.

Please suggest me the best “facing “positioning:

-parallel to the TV wall

or

-lightly inclined towards the listener (in this case the inner drivers will make the sound bounce to the wall  before reaching the listeners ears).

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi @flybyme 
if I understand your post correctly, my personal choice would be to face them into the room, at ear height, rather than angle them towards the listener due to the TV surround audio coming from the outer drivers and reflecting off walls. Here is what the Sonos Guide mentions about their positioning/location:

https://www.sonos.com/guides/era300#to-select-a-location

Hope that assists you in your decision.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello Ken..

Thanks a lot. I will do so!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Just be precise with your main listening location when you begin Trueplay 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

You mean being on the exact point of the listening position while I do the Trueplay calibration instead of “moving around”?

You mean being on the exact point of the listening position while I do the Trueplay calibration instead of “moving around”?

Just to quickly mention here, unlike TP tuning ‘standalone’, or ‘paired’ speakers, there are two steps involved when TP tuning a Home Theatre anyway - the first step is to hold the mobile controller device at the main listening position to balance the audio from the HT speakers for that spot …and the second step, is the walking about the room bit with the controller device to tune the HT setup to the room.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Just to quickly mention here, unlike TP tuning ‘standalone’, or ‘paired’ speakers, there are two steps involved when TP tuning a Home Theatre anyway - the first step is to hold the mobile controller device at the main listening position to balance the audio from the HT speakers for that spot …and the second step, is the walking about the room bit with the controller device to tune the HT setup to the room.

If i well understood....in the first half time ....just gild the phone still at the listener position…

On the other half, move it around it (around 1 or 2 meters from the spot)?