Skip to main content

Sonos Era 100s and Sonos Fives as home theatre system?

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I have been using a Sonos Beam with 2 Sonos Fives as surrounds for watching content on my TV. The Beam standalone is not as good of a speaker compared to the Fives in my opinion and I have been contemplating if I should just sell it. On a side note, I am exploring the idea of grouping 2 Sonos Era 100s and 2 Sonos Fives and connect them to my Apple TV. Has anyone tried this before and have any feedback/inputs? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That wont be surround sound.  Bluetooth is stereo only.  In my opinion, repeating the front two speakers in what should be surround speakers will sound awful compared to true surround.  YMMV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If the Beam is too small for your space try an Arc there. We weren’t too unhappy with our Beam but got a great deal on an Arc and are very satisfied with the upgrade.

Fives as surrounds, for any soundbar, sounds excessive to me, 100s or 300 are probably a better fit.

I’d then properly place the Fives at the front of the room for music listening and proper stereo imaging.