sonos beam2 sub mini 2 Era100's vs samsung q990c

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

hey community, 

i know it’s an odd question. First of all i have to say i am loving my setup. the only thing i am not feeling 100 percent amazing is beam gen 2 maybe doesnt feel sometimes “full” enough or “expansive” enough for casual tv watching or dialogue for movies. It’s very very clear and clarity is amazing it’s due to size of the bar it feels at times a bit “narrow”. 

My hunch was wait for the arc gen 2 and either sell my beam gen2 second hand or repurpo in a different room. 

Having said that i saw samsung q990c system which is a true atmos bar with upfiring bar and rear speaker and it made me question myself a bit. Might sound like i am looking for reassurance and maybe i am :) but i truly love the Sonos system and the flexibility and advantages of modularity of it. I usually watch movies but i also with the quality of system i started to listen to more music in my living room with Era100’s set to Full for music, it’s beautiful.

I was just curious if anyone listened to q990c or owned one at all in the community and wanted to pick their thoughts.

Best

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

You may be hard pressed to find a comparison that meets your objective in a Sonos centric community. You may have a better chance to find what you need in the Samsung community Q&A as members may have switched from Sonos to Samsung.

The opposite may be more prevalent here. However that may fit the bill. 🤔