Question

sonos beam set up without app.

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Have just puchased a sonos beam purely for TV improved audio. How do I connect through a hdml port on my tv without the app. The app will not download through my i-phone.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @cirrus.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted to set up your Sonos Beam with your TV to improve audio performance while watching the TV without having to use the Sonos App. Let me help out.

I regret to inform you, setting up a Sonos device specifically your Sonos Beam would need the Sonos App on a mobile controller. Let me share with you the guide on the Sonos App system requirement to better understand what mobile versions would work with the Sonos App. I would also like to suggest trying to download the Sonos app through this link from our support website. You may also want to consider trying a different mobile device just to set it up and once done, you may opt not to use the Sonos App anymore.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,