Skip to main content

After the last update my optical connection with my video projector doesn’t work any more. The assistance says that the problem didn’t came from the update, but everything works fine until now. Very disappointed about the support and the fact we can not downgrade to solve a bug they made.

Hi @Margot82 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay!

Sorry to hear of your issue playing audio through your Beam. We are aware of an issue affecting Playbar, Playbase and Ray using optical, but not Beam while using the optical adaptor.

Could you please recreate the issue, and while you should be hearing TV/Projector audio, submit a support diagnostic? Please let me know when you have done so, but don’t post the given number here - I’ll be able to find it without.

Alternatively, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will be able to assist you in real-time.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

thanks for your answer, I just submit a support diagnostic.

Hope you can solve our problem,

Thanks and have a nice day

Hi @Margot82 

Thanks for that!

Apologies - it seems my documentation was badly worded. The diagnostics confirm the issue I mentioned above, but for your Beam. We are aware of this issue and are investigating. There is no ETA for a fix, but as it affects core functionality, I think it will be addressed soon with a future software update.

In the meantime, you can cease troubleshooting - its unlikely that anything that you can do will improve matters. 

I hope this helps.