sonos beam not connecting

• 6 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I just received my sonos beam and for 3 days it worked perfectly fine today it no longer is playing the TV sound it only plays music from the sonos app. Why is it no longer connecting and what are my options on a return?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

How do you have it connected to your TV? What is the source of the video you’re playing on the TV?

It was on hdmi 1 I unplugged the TV and beam and put it on hdmi 2 and it fixed it strange but it worked. And the beam is plugged into arc

Might be worth doing a few things. First, double check the TV’s manual to be sure which HDMI port is the correct ARC port, although it sounds like either HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 does/did work. Next, I’d double check the TV for any software updates from the manufacturer. Third, I’d reboot the TV set and the Beam, just to clear any lingering issues there might be, by unplugging both from the wall for at least 2 minutes, then plugging in the TV first, followed by the Beam.