Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Beam (gen2) and LG A2 TV not connecting through HDMI eARC

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos Beam Gen 2 and LG OLED A2 TV after reading incredible reviews for both. However when I try to connect the tv to the beam via HDMI, I get the message on Sonos app (the tv speakers are not connected). I’ve tried resetting both devices, switching HDMI cords and ports and all the e settings I can think of on my LG TV. The Beam works when I play music from my phone but nothing from the TV, I cannot seem to connect them. Please help!! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port (HDMI 3) using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect any other device to the TV.

Then set your TV to these settings:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
eARC Support: On

Thank you so much!! So embarrassingly I realized there is a 3rd HDMI port facing the wall that I couldn’t see until removing the TV (this is the designated eARC port for my tv). Dolby Atmos is working and the Beam sounds incredible! Thank you Sonos.