Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 not connecting via HDMI eArc. Beam Gen 1 works fine

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a Beam Gen 1 that connects perfectly fine with my LG OLED from 2017.

I just got a Beam Gen 2 and when I connect it to the same LG OLED, I get an error message saying HDMI eArc not detected. My TV also doesn’t detect anything is plugged into the eArc port when the Beam Gen 2 is connected

However, when I swapped it back to the Beam Gen 1, everything works fine with the HDMI eArc (including the tv noticing something is plugged in).

Do I just have a bad Beam Gen 2 or is there something else that might be going on?

Thanks.

jkl

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 October 2022, 17:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If memory serves, the Gen 1 Beam only connects via ARC, and not eARC. Is there a possibility that you don’t have eARC enabled on the TV’s settings?

Wow, you are totally right. My LG B7 only has ARC and not eARC.  Can the Beam Gen 2 connect via regular ARC? Or does it need eARC?

The Gen 2 Beam can use eARC or ARC equally effectively. 

Wow, you are totally right. My LG B7 only has ARC and not eARC.  Can the Beam Gen 2 connect via regular ARC? Or does it need eARC?

You likely just need to run the TV Setup in the new Beam (gen-2) ‘room’ settings, perhaps? However just ensure you have enabled Simplink and auto-power-sync in the TV settings aswell.