Answered

Sonos Beam (Gen 2) + Mini Sub On PC

• 6 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m interested in utilizing a Sonos Beam and Mini Sub on my PC, for gaming and connecting to the rest of my home Sonos setup.  I do crafts and whatnot so sometimes I like to sync the music in all my rooms, and my office is the only place I can’t.

I’ve done some research and I understand that a Beam (gen 2) will work great from my PC.  I’m unclear on how to incorporate the Mini Sub.  Anyone here tried this out or know the details on how they work together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I don’t want to buy the kit and then have to return it.

Cheers,
Zodd

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 June 2023, 09:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The MINI can be “Bonded” to BEAM and the MINI will handle the bass, regardless of source.

You’ll need to provide an optical audio output from the computer, then connect this optical signal to the BEAM’s optical input adapter. You cannot directly use an HDMI output from the computer and connect this to BEAM.

If you are currently connecting an external monitor to the computer and this connection also carries audio, there is another type of “box” that can extract this audio as an optical signal, that can then be fed to BEAM through the BEAM optical input adapter.

Ah, thank you!