Skip to main content

Hi,

I currently have a Sonos Beam 1 and an LG TV which does not transpose DTS from the PS5\4k Blu Ray Play to the Beam due to licencing issues with LG.

I was looking at a splitter with audio extraction like the one below:

HDMI eARC Matrix Switch 4x2 for soundbar - FeinTech

Will this work? I am downgrading Atmos to 5.1 which I am happy with at the moment until I buy an arc but finding it frustrating that when I play a 4k Blu Ray that only has DTS I am getting Stereo 2.0 through to the soundbar due to the limitations on the LG TV.

Hopefully the Feintech will fix my issue but just want to check with the group.

Thanks all

Hi @terspok1 

Thanks for your post!

No guarantees, but I believe that device would indeed get you the results you’re looking for (playing DTS), but a couple of points:

• That device is an HDMI Matrix Switch, which is a bit overkill for what you’re looking for. It’s main purpose is to provide a link between multiple input sources and two display outputs. As in, you could connect, say, a TV and a Projector to it and use the same input devices (and sound device) with either display.
  • You would not be giving up Atmos - that device supports full quality Atmos (MAT) and compressed Dolby Digital + (Atmos)

I can’t recommend anything specific, but if you search for “hdmi audio extractor dts” on a site like Amazon or similar, you should be able to find some much cheaper options that will do what you describe and not much else. These are more likely to remove Atmos from the equation, but you say you’re OK with this.

If, on the other hand, you think you may get a projector in the future, you could save money by buying the Feintech matrix switch now rather than later.

I hope this helps.

Excellent, thank you Corry. 

I can probably plug in a few sources and I have a fair catalogue of DTS disks like Se7en which are outputting in Stereo which means the speech audio is not great.

Wish LG would pay the DTS licence but this will be a great option.

Thanks again.