Answered

Sonos beam cutting out

• 4 April 2024
  • 5 replies

My Sonic Beam occasionally cuts out, I have to power off by socket and restart.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 April 2024, 19:05

View original

5 replies

What kind of TV do you have? How is the Sonos Beam connected to it? Does it cut out when you’re streaming music to it as well? Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I have a Samsung smart tv, and connection is hdmi arc.

Doesn’t cut out that often but annoying when it does.

Haven’t streamed music on it yet.

If you look around these forums, you’ll see that there are others who are having issues with some models of Samsung. My guess is an implementation issue with the CEC standard. 

You’ve got several things to do. First, check and make sure that your specific model of Samsung is up to date with the firmware it is running. Do the same with the Sonos. Then check to ensure the HDMI cable is seated properly at both ends. Finally, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

However, if the problem isn’t with the Sonos, but indeed Samsung, they may suggest that you contact Samsung directly. 

Ok many thanks for your help.