Answered

Sonos Beam and Sony Bravia X95K

• 31 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a Sony X95K mini LED tv and geek squad attached my sonos beam to it. The beam will not play the TV audio UNLESS I follow these steps:

1. TV and sonos OFF, apple TV and cable HDMI unplugged.
  2. TV on, sonos ON...plug only the sonos beam HDMI in
  3. connect sonos beam via the sonos app to the TV
  4. Last: plug in apple tv and cable

every time I turn the TV off, I must repeat this process if I want the beam to play the TV audio.

Does anyone have a work around? It seems as if the sonos beam has to be the “priority” plug-in. I’ve read and done research that confirms this but there has to be a work around….

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 May 2023, 19:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this in this specific order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Bravia Sync is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

Thank you! I will try this and report back.