Sonos Beam and 1 Sonos One setup problem

• 26 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Having trouble adding my new Sonos One to my existing Sonos Beam. When the Beam is on, the app fails to find the One. When the One is on, it can’t find the Beam. Have upgraded my iOS to 14.3 but get stuck at “I don’t see my product” stage. Have done a factory reset on the Beam (the Sonos is brand new). When I have the Beam connected via ethernet, it connects with the app ok (just not when the One is on). With wifi only, the app does not find the Beam. Am pretty tech savvy so this is a bit baffling. House has v decent wifi and Beam and Sonos are in the same location (<5 ft apart). Everything is S2. Any suggestions welcome. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Richmond35.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to share some information to help out.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps there may be other key factors affecting and triggering this behavior. Normally this type of behavior could either be a result of either of the following scenario.

• Both devices are connected to a respective Access Point or router and one of which is not configured on bridge mode or access point mode.
  • Both devices are configured on their individual household which means they are acting as if they are setup in separate network and separate house.

It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and asses what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks - I will reach the technical support team on Monday. How do I put one of my two Sonos devices into bridge mode? I have a BT HomeHub 5 

It’s not the Sonos that is put into bridge mode, it is the access point. Check with BT, they should have some instructions. 

Badge

Have resolved the issue. For some reason my Beam had gotten confused or disconnected from my wifi network. I reset everything and created a new network from scratch, and was able to add the Beam abd Sonos One ok. The final step in the registration process (adding each device to my wifi network) took several minutes  to complete - so a bit of patience required. All working as expeced now. No router reconfiguration required.